Friday, December 4, 2015

Guesting for the Tag You're It Challenge

If you missed my Bellarific Friday post today, you can find it here and if you missed my Mo's Digital Pencil post, you can find it here.


     I was honored to have my tag with the chicks decorating the tree win the challenge at the Tag You're It challenge.  As winner I was asked to be their Guest Designer for one of their challenges.


     So I am guesting for challenge #36 which is to create a tag inspired by this super cute tag by Joyce Mehrberg.


     I told you all that you would be seeing my night sky again.  LOL  For my tag I masked off the edges of the die cut tag up to the stitching lines and then inked my sky with Distress inks.  Next came the splatters of white acrylic paint.  Instead of Santa and the moon I used stars and an embossed white sentiment.  The buildings and trees were cut with a SSS die set, colored with Copics and outlined with a Copic Multi-liner pen.  A sprinkling of stars and a snowy hillside complete the scene.


     A huge thanks to Tracey and the ladies at the Tag You're It Challenge for having me as there guest.  Hope you'll join in the tag making fun.
     Be blessed!

11 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Tracey! Congrats on being GD this week! Amazing masking on your darling tag. The splatters look exactly like a starlit sky! Sets off the darling scene to perfection!

Joyce said...

Your tag is so wonderful. I love your festive and cozy scene, and all the fun details you added like masking off the stitched edges of the tag, your white splatter and your fantastic sentiment. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week at Tag You're It.

Marybeth said...

Its adorable , Tracey and I love your night sky! Congratulations on you win!!!!

Nancy said...

It's fabulous, Tracy! I love anything that has a little house on it...but with your touch it's even better! :o)

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, your night sky is awesome. I'd love to try something like that but I'd probably mess it up somehow! LOL! I love how it looks with your snowy,city scene!

Lisa Minckler said...

My goodness! I've just finished looking at the last 8 posts I've missed (even though I thought I was just here...you've been BUSY!) and I LOVE them all. Each so different from the last and the colors just pop and the merriment just doesn't stop. Absolutely adore all your Christmas cards and THIS tag!! I have to say though, I am in love with Birch. That little bunny and his row of mittens is ADORABLE!!
Big hugs to you and all your amazing talent,
Twang :)

Tracey T said...

This little tag is just fabulous and I love, love, love the night sky! xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Just gorgeous Tracy! A fabulous little scene captured on this stitched tag and your sky technique looks wonderful.
Lorraine

Ros Crawford said...

Many congrats and so well deserved!! I just adore this tag, from the sky to the little lighted windows!

Kelly S. said...

I love this! Such a charming scene! The background is amazing, and I love the colors you chose!

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic tag! I love how you created the snowy sky and the border around the edge with the snow drift at the bottom. Well done.