Thursday, August 22, 2013

Do the robot


    This is a very special day at Mo's Digital Pencil.  You see, it's the real honest to goodness birthday of our illustrious DT leader, Pat Frank.  This lady is such an awesome card designer not to mention person.  I guess you can all figure out why as our hostess she's looking for birthday cards.
     I've been eyeing "Bip Bip Birthday" for a while.  I knew he'd be a great way to work on learning to color metal surfaces.  Thanks to a great tutorial from Jennifer Dove I think I've done a pretty decent job of it for a first try.
     Have you been checking out all the amazing new stamps Mo has added to the store.  Hope you were able to snatch some of them up during the sale last week.  She's still adding more!  Grab a Mo image from your stash and come play along this week.
     Here's a close up picture of Mr. Bip Bip.


Copics Used:
robot body C00, C0, C2, C4, C6
robot other E93, E95, E97, E99, R35, R37, R43, YR65, Y21, N3, N5, N7, N9, W1
hat E93, E95, E97, BG13
gift bag BG10, BG11, BG13, Y11, Y32, Y35, E31, E33, E51, E71, E74, E79, E97, YR23
balloon Y11, Y21, YR21, YR23
grounding W1, W3, W5

     I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Shopping Our Stash--oldest hardware (the screw brads are ancient!)
Cutie Pie Challenge--anything goes
Make It Monday--anything goes
Sketchy Colors--sketch
Kitty Bee Designs--birthday

     Come join in the birthday fun!

Supplies:
Paper--My Mind's Eye "Handsome Boy", Bazzill, Copic Xpress-it Blending card
Stamps--Mo's Digital Pencil "Bip Bip Birthday", sentiment from Create with TLC
Tools-- Nestabilities Standard Circles and Classic Scalloped Circle, Fiskars Circle Cutter, hole punch, unknown circle punch, sewing machine
Miscellaneous--Recollections brads, Kraft Outlet Baker's Twine and Natural Twill tape

31 comments:

Mary J said...

What a great card, Tracy! Love that little fella and how you used the papers!

Pauline said...

Tracy, this is fabulous! You did an awesome job on colouring the metal, looks so real. Love this layout, papers and your finishing details. Hugs,

Ivonne said...

Another gorgeous creation! The coloring is fabulous, the metal looks so real! Love the screws. Hugs, Ivonne

PS. I hope you dad is doing well after his surgery.

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG Tracy,,,,,,a delicious to watch this card,,,,your coloring is amazing, you would be in my Dt.

Sue said...

This is wonderful Tracy. I love that image, your colouring is amazing and the papers and layout are fabulous too.
hugs Sue xx

Pat said...

Oh Tracy...aren't you sweet to remember it's my birthday! I was trying to keep it a bit of a secret...hehe...NOT!! I love this card, my dear! And you color metal surfaces beautifully! What a fun image...and your background is amazing!! I love this little piece of pure happiness! You rocked it, sistah!! Hugs. Pat

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning!!! I love the robot and those .... screw brads?

Anonymous said...

Hey lady !!! The nuts & bolts of this card are fantastic !!!
:)) :)) Lol !!
Your coloring of the metal is fantastic !!!
& color choices -- my faves!!

I don't know if I have any mo's images... That may be a stamping crime, right !??!

Hope your dad is recovering well !!
Xo

Unknown said...

Of course I totally love those fun brads and that wonderful stitching! He totally looks like he is shiny :) Great effect you created with the coloring - I never would have guessed you hadn't colored metal before.

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Mau xx said...

What a fab card Tracy, your colouring is beautiful and love the tag and nails. Its wonderful!
I so need some new Mo images, just need more pennies at present though :(
Huge Hugs Mau xx
Thanks for you email, it means a lot xxxxxx cards are in post

Amanda R said...

Your metal coloring looks fabulous Tracy, great shine on it! Love the little screwhead brads on the card, perfect touch. I grabbed several of the new Mo images, hope to get them colored up soon!

Cheryl said...

Cute! Your coloring jumps right off the page. The metal looks so cool! It popped up in my Feedly and I had to drop by.

Phi said...

Gosh how cute is this card.

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh em gee! First try? AMAYZING! Absolutely stunning colouring, and all the details - the stitching, the octagon, the twill & twine...I used to have some of those screw brads too :) Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Shopping our Stash this week!

Jannhild said...

Just love it!! So stunning colouring, and all The details are so Beautiful! Love The Colors in your card!
Thank you so much for playing along with us in Sketchy Colors this week! Good luck!
Hugs, Jannhild

Cathy said...

Tracy, fantabulous BD card. love this card and you mastered the metallic coloring in one try, no surprise there!!! Awesome Challenge card as always.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute. I love your choice of papers and the layout is great. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Wendy Fraser said...

Stunning card, fab image and you've done an awesome job with the colouring. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

Anja said...

This is just so cute, Tracy! Once again your coloring is outstanding and I love the papers and screw brads!

Hugs, Anja

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Tracey! Your coloring of the image just rocks the house! Love the patchwork squares and your clever pocket! Great image, great composition, great color integration and great execution! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz
Chana, DT

Heidi said...

Another beautiful creation!
Your colouring is fantastic:)
Hugs, Heidi.)

Audrey Pettit said...

Absolutely a fabulous job of coloring a metal looking surface, for sure! He looks perfectly metal-ish and ADORABLE! Love the blocked background, too, and the rivet brads are just soooo perfect. Love how the balloon goes off the edge of the die cut. Love the pull out tag, too!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet image , great card.Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee's challenge blog with our Birthday Challenge Hugs Txx DT

lalkygirl said...

stunning card ,love everything about it
thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card. Your coloring amazes me..

Hope you have a happy week my friend.

Hugs~

Nonni said...

So cute!! I love the layout and as always, your coloring is stunning.

Nancy said...

Super cute! I'm not so good at the robot...but since this one has wheels I might be able to swing it! lol :o)

Jinny Newlin said...

Cute seems to define your style, Tracy! This is precious! Really love that sentiment font, too! Yum!

Unknown said...

Love the image and coloring! Cute design as well. Mahalo for playing with us over at Kitty Bee Designs!

Hugs,
Niki
notjustgreetingshawaii.blogspot.com

Kim Bell said...

GF!!
Love this card!! Your coloring is amazing as usual!!! Awesome card.

Hugz
Kim,

Nancy said...

This is one of the most cutest cards I have ever seen!!!!!! So so so impressed!!!!